Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Good News! I got my branch assignment (AKA my job in the Army) on Friday. I got active duty Military Intelligence branch detail Infantry. That means that I'll be an Infantry officer for about three years and then switch over to MI (about the time I should be a captain). That is the normal progression in that assignment. I could also: get retained as an Infantry officer or apply for something else (SF). Time can only tell. I like this option because it gives me more options, but I don't like this option because if I love being an Infantry officer there is a good chance that I'll have to leave and do something else no matter what I do. But, all future worries aside, I got my first choice, which is a good thing. Now I know what I'll be doing in the near future. I also don't have to serve any extra time in active duty if I don't want to (since I was in the top 20% of cadets I got one of my top 3 choices and they disregarded my added service contract). All in all I'm pleased with how things came out. Now all I have to do is graduate and get my commission. And for those of you familiar with UA's college of Arts and Sciences that could be the toughest part of the entire process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home