Friday, April 08, 2005

I would like to begin be saying: yes, I am alive and well. I'de like to say the reason I haven't posted in so long is because I've been working non-stop, but the real reason is, as it usually is with me, that I've been lazy. But to make up for my lack of posting I will regale you all with tales of my visit to the land of beautiful scenery, sheep, and cold. That's right, I went to Scotland (ou l'Ecosse si vous ĂȘtes français). It was awesome. There really are sheep everywhere, you can't really tell that people are speaking English sometimes, and the food was actually good (meat, potatoes and beer...is there anything finer?). I had some adventures, learned some lessons about traveling to foreign countries, had a very odd soft drink that tasted like old Bazooka Joe buble gum, had really good beer, yummy food (such as Beef and Guiness Pie), and saw lots of tiny cars. Lesson #1 about traveling abroad: knowing aother language is very helpful. My French minor finally came in handy since I was flting with Air France and had two lay overs in Paris. Lesson #2: having a goofy southern accent will either be very helpful or will be your doom. Lesson #3: I love coffee. Lesson #4: Always try and speak French to French people, they are less rude to you that way, and some are actually very nice. Lesson #4: When going to Scotland be prepared to see no sun for a long time. Lesson #5: Never ask drunk Scots where to find your Bed and Breakfast. Lesson #6: When in Scotland, or any part of Great Britain, remember to look right first when crossing the street. Lesson #7: Scots love Pizza Hut and KFC.
I really did have a good time. Ashley and I went exploring around Portree (the town we stayed in on the Isle of Skye). We went on a pony trek, my pony's name was Maggie...she liked eating grass alot. We went walking around Edinburgh. We went to the Easter Vigil at a church in Edinburgh, there were roughly 7-10 priests celebrating and I have no clue why. The church was also right next to a strip club and lots of pubs, it was king of funny to come out of mass and see a neon sign about ladies dancing naked for you. I have lots more stories to tell but I'll save some for when I actually see everybody. I got some random stuff for all of the family, nothing too spectacular though, I am a poor college student after all. Trust me, I had to hold myself back sometimes. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can get them from Ashley. They're all on her computer. That's all for now.

Cheers!

-Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home